The UK newspapers (The Independent, for example) have recently been discussing the Government’s plans to reform the country’s injury claim system, in order to make suing for whiplash injuries much harder.
It is thought that phoney whiplash claims are largely responsible for the ever-increasing cost of insurance premiums. The average policy has shot up by around £90 in the last 12 months and if this upward trend continues, those with lower incomes could be left with no choice but to give up their vehicles.
We believe the increased number of whiplash claims being filed is a result of more people realising they can get the recompense they deserve, and not dishonesty. It is concerning that those actually entitled to compensation might be discouraged from making a claim in the future.
We’d like to know what you think and in exchange for less than five minutes of your time, CompensationClaims.net is offering you the chance to win a new Apple iPad (16GB Wi-Fi model).
To enter, please click here, answer the survey and enter a valid email address at the end. You can answer our survey without entering an email address, though you will not be eligible to win the prize.
The survey closes on 31 July 2012 and the winner will be announced on this blog.
We will of course also reveal the results of the survey – watch this space!
Terms & conditions:
- The ‘CompensationClaims.net Whiplash Survey/iPad Competition’ (the “Competition”) is open to residents of the UK. This competition is open to those aged 18 years and older.
- Fresh Egg LTD (the “Promoter”) is the promoter of this competition and can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
- The host of the competition is CompensationClaims.net and is known as the “Competition host” for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
- The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of the Promoter, their group companies or family members or anyone else connected directly to the Competition host or to the Promoter.
- Using a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entry to the competition is obtained in the following way: The survey must be completed in its entirety and a valid email address must be entered.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
- No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script or macro or the use of automated devices will not be counted.
- The prize of the competition is an APPLE NEW IPAD WIFI 16GB in either black or white. Colour will be determined on availability.
- One winner will receive the prize.
- The Promoter retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The prizes will be sent out within 30 days of the closure of the Competition; however The Promoter cannot guarantee delivery times.
- The Competition opens at 09.00am on 25/06/2012.
- The Competition closes at 23.59pm on 31/07/2012. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
- The winner of the prize will be selected at random from all survey entries received that have had the required personal details provided.
- The winner will be notified by email and also announced on the CompensationClaims.net Blog and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the Promoter within 7 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner.
- Details of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Fresh Egg Ltd, 1-13 Buckingham Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TH
- The winners may be required for promotional activity and by entering the competition accepts that their name and address may be published or provided if requested as per the terms and conditions contained within.
Data protection & privacy
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent (other than the winning entry). Data relating to entrants will be retained by the Promoter and Competition host for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist in operating competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- Information provided to enter the competition may be used, shared or published or used for publicity in a digital format and includes your name, your location and/or profile picture.
- By providing the Competition host with your personal data you consent to the Competition host sending you marketing emails.
- If an Entrant does not wish for their personal information to be used for marketing purposes, a request to remove consent for personal information to be used for marketing purposes should be submitted in writing to the Competition host.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter or the Competition host for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter and Competition host accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: Fresh Egg Ltd, 1-13 Buckingham Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TH.
Disclaimer: compensationclaims.net does not guarantee that this blog post content is accurate or error-free and therefore does not give any warranties in respect of your use of it or reliance upon any information contained therein. Where content is provided by third parties, the views expressed by those third parties are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of the company. Therefore, to the extent permitted by law, compensationclaims.net accepts no liability in relation to this content.